Winter Secret Llama 2019
Hey, explorers! It is time to get cosy and enjoy winter Secret Llama!
❄️❄️❄️ How it Works:
Secret Llama is like other Secret Santa gift exchanges with the exception that it all happens in-game on Nerdcrafteria!
To participate, please follow these steps:
1. Fill out the nifty Secret Llama Registration Form, which can be found here:
PLEASE put your actual Minecraft username so that your Secret Llama will not get confused if you have a nickname in-game or have a different forum username. Additionally, thoroughly filling out the interests/favorite sections will greatly help your Secret Llama give you more personalized gifts!
2. You will receive a FORUM PM with another player's name and a copy of their Secret Llama form by December 5th.
If you still haven't received a name by December 6th, please PM LadyAustin or Stormy regarding it.
3. Starting December 7th, you will need to give at least a gift a week, for 3 weeks, to that person.
The weeks are:
Week 1 - December 7th - 14th
Week 2 - December 15th - 21st
Week 3 - December 22nd - 28th
Please understand that this is a 3 week long event which will ask for a part of your normal play time to prepare and give gifts to someone else. Take a look at your schedule to see if you'd be available for the full duration of the event before you make the commitment to sign up!
Gifts can be put on player’s asteroid if you make a polite modreq or somewhere in hidden in Explore or the Nether. Be careful if you put things in Explore or the Nether though as it may be prone to getting griefed before your Secret Llama gets to it. If you do decide to put something Explore or the Nether, it would perhaps be a good idea to password lock the chest and simply write in a book the password to the chest so that you can stay anonymous and so that only you and your gift recipient can open the chest.
Please do not reveal yourself before the last week of Secret Llama! We don't want to ruin the surprise!
- Pay attention to the player you are given in chat or on the forums to get ideas of things they might enjoy receiving.
- If your Secret Llama does not seem to be participating please let us know!! The rule of thumb is if you don’t give any gifts, you won’t receive any. If people go AFK then you may get a new match.
- If you have to go AFK please let us know ASAP. Arrangements can be made for gifts to be held by the Secret Llama team and distributed for you, if you so wish.
- Have fun with it. You don't have to get extravagant gifts for it to be fun. A clever gift is just as fun as an expensive one, if not more so. Rename items, write jokes, riddles, leave personalized notes, a batch of custom fireworks, make a scavenger hunt, make a pixel art for them to find in Explore, etc.
- If you learn who someone's Secret Llama is, keep it hush hush! It's best to act like you also have no idea to avoid spilling the beans!
You can also take a look at the Secret Llama discussion threads from previous years to get an idea of the types of gifts you can give:
❄️❄️❄️ What the Staff CAN and CANNOT do:
We CAN put chests full of goodies on asteroids for you.
We CAN sign books and/or send mail to your recipient so they know to check their mail or a certain area for a gift.
We CANNOT add you to your recipient's asteroid so you can build something there for them. On the off chance they are particular about the asteroid, had plans for it, etc, and the fact that server policy has ALWAYS been that the owner is the only one who can request membership changes we are not able to do this. Suggested Alternative: Build it in Explore and offer to build it on their asteroid if they wish.
We CANNOT use World Edit for you.
We CANNOT region something in Explore for you. Make liberal use of the ability to password protect chests for your recipient if need be! Remember not to build it too close to reset, in case they don't get on before hand to see it!
And that's about everything! For questions ask LadyAustin or Stormy, post your questions here. Once the gift giving starts we will post a dedicated Secret Llama Discussion thread for talking about what you have received.